We welcome visitors to shop and eat at Floors Castle, Kelso all year round. With two cafes, three different shopping experiences and a wonderfully well-stocked deli there is something here for all! Just over an hour's drive from Edinburgh and Newcastle, why not visit us for the day and take in a tour of the Castle, a walk around the estate and finish off with a shop and a meal that will leave food enthusiasts craving for more!
Floors Castle and Courtyard Cafe - open 25 March to 30 October 2016
Terrace Cafe, Deli and Gift shop - open all year round 10am to 4pm
*****News - November 2015******
We aredelighted to share the news that we have been accredited with the VisitScotland ‘Taste our Best’ award. Taste Our Best is VisitScotland’s certification scheme to recognise and celebrate businesses that provide and promote locally sourced quality food and drink.
Here at Floors Castle, we take great pride in using quality Scottish Borders produce and showcasing some of the best local and Scottish producers in the food we prepare.
- Our baking is all Castle homemade using hte finest oats and flour from John Hogarth Ltd. Millers of the finest Scottish oatmeal and pearl barley for over 100 year and situated righ on our doorstep here in Kelso.
- The eggs we use are from Ednam West Mains Farm
- The smoked salmon is produced from the Ettrick Valley Smokery
- Our delicious fisherman's pie ingredients comes from DR Collins and their boats off the East and West coast of Scotland via their Eyemouth base.
- Pheasant from our Estate is sent to Mr C's Pie's in Fife who makes our renowned Pork and Pheasant pies (one of the Duke's favourite)
- The ice cream we sell at our Massed Pipe Band Day is from Giacopazzi's in Eyemouth
- We buy our fruit and berries seasonally from Borders Berries here in Kelso ( a skip away)